Using Blackcoin from the command line is not that difficult, but it will take practice, and an understanding of some fundamental tools.
The first trick is to put
blackmore-cli in your
.bashrc file with an alias
If you don't already know about it, learn about
Here's two concrete use cases:
- You just don't want to type out
/location/to/blackmore-cli <command>every time. Simple.
- If you use a non-default
datadirwith cookie authentication, you need to run the
blackmore-clicommand with the
-datadir=<location>... it would be insane to type that every time...
You might do this if your systemd
ProtectHome=true, for example. Learn more
In this case your
aliasshould look something like this:
alias 'blkc=/usr/local/bin/blackmore-cli -datadir=/var/lib/.blackmore/'
Next you should learn to use
blackmored communicate with json formatted data, so to work with that data you will need to parse it in order to pass it into your scripts.
You might want to copy and understand these simple scripts for Blackcoin. Play with each line in your command line and get a feel for how the data is constructed and used.
If you can use
jq and write simple
bash scripts you should be able to figure out pretty much anything you like with
blackmore-cli help and a bit of experimentation.
This awesome Tutorial for Bitcoin, with exception for the Lightning and Segwit stuff, can be easily adapted to Blackcoin. It offers a step by step guide to take you from novice to advanced user!
BlackcoinNL supported chatrooms:
- BlackcoinNL Discord Invite -> https://discord.gg/hjNUgWD
- Discord for countries that block it -> https://www.blackcoin.nl/chat-service-bridge/
- Telegram by BlackcoinNL -> T.me/BlackcoinNL
- Keybase -> https://keybase.io/blackcoin
Other commonly used Blackcoin Social Media:
- IRC -> https://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=blackcoin
- Gitter -> https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
- Reddit -> https://reddit.com/r/blackcoin
- BlackcoinNL Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinNL
- BlackcoinOrg Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinOrg
- BlackcoinOrg Facebook -> https://facebook.com/BlackcoinOrg