Older clients may have trouble connecting to the network to synchronize if you have not connected in a long time.
What are nodes?
A node is a client IP address on the network.
Nodes act as a point of connection to the network.
Your client needs to connect to other nodes in order to download the blockchain and relay transactions.
Newly updated clients come will a fresh node list, which you keep updated when connecting to the network.
If you have not connected your old client in a long time you’ll have to add nodes manually.
You can do this from your client-qt application's Debug console (blackcoin-qt, blackmore-qt), or the cli application (blackcoind or blackmored), or by adding a list to your configuration file.
- Use the BlackoinNL seeders:
- Use Chainz Node List: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/blk/#!network
Pick 8 IP addresses
Using the Debug Console or CLI
You can find the debug window under the
help dropdown menu (HELP -> DEBUG WINDOW). Open your console window. If you are using CLI I assume you know how to issue commands.
This is the command :
addnode <IPADDRESS> add|remove|onetry
Do not use <> around the IP address!
Using configuration file
To add a complete node list to your client’s .conf file.
Data directory locations:
Then you just need to start it up!
Nodes should be added in the .conf file.
If you do not find a .conf file you’ll have to create one.
To create a .conf file all you have to do is copy the client folder name, create a text document and save it as clientname.conf (eg: blackcoin.conf).
- Open the .conf file in a text editor
- Paste in a node lists
- Save the .conf file
- Restart your client
Your client should now connect to the network and start synchronizing.
BlackcoinNL supported chatrooms:
- BlackcoinNL Discord Invite -> https://discord.gg/hjNUgWD
- Discord for countries that block it -> https://www.blackcoin.nl/chat-service-bridge/
- Telegram by BlackcoinNL -> T.me/BlackcoinNL
- Keybase -> https://keybase.io/blackcoin
Other commonly used Blackcoin Social Media:
- IRC -> https://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=blackcoin
- Gitter -> https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
- Reddit -> https://reddit.com/r/blackcoin
- BlackcoinNL Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinNL
- BlackcoinOrg Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinOrg
- BlackcoinOrg Facebook -> https://facebook.com/BlackcoinOrg